Drystar DT5.000I B. X-ray film for thermographic printers
Drystar DT5.000I B – is a film for the second generation direct digital printing, designed by AGFA.
Drystar DT5.000I B offers high contrast and density providing higher performance of printing devices DRYSTAR 5503, DRYSTAR 5500, DRYSTAR 5300, DRYSTAR 5302, DRYSTAR AXYS and giving the best quality hardcopies.
- second generation film for dry printing of grayscale images
- specially designed for printing devices DRYSTAR 5503, DRYSTAR 5500, DRYSTAR 5300, DRYSTAR 5302, DRYSTAR AXYS
- no wet processing, no darkroom, no chemicals
- clear and sharp images
- excellent image stability
- secure archiving up to 20 years
Premier quality and throughput built on Agfa experience
Agfa has put several years of experience with direct digital printing into designing the DRYSTAR 5x00 and DRYSTAR AXYS printing devices in order to produce the highest diagnostic hardcopies quality.
To support the top-of-the-line printing devices a special expendable supplies medium, DRYSTAR DT5.000I B, was developed. It is capable of coping with the higher throughput of the advanced printing devices.
Agfa’s state of the art of direct digital dry printing technology produces hardcopies with high Dmax and contrast. It gives the same clear, high-quality results as wet laser film, but offers all the advantages of dry printing technology: no wet processing, no darkroom and no chemicals. This technology makes it possible to generate high quality hardcopies more quickly and conveniently.
Ecological technology and an easy-to-use system
The direct digital dry printing technology ensures easy and convenient use. The heat-sensitive characteristics of DRYSTAR DT5.000I make daylight loading effortless and as simple as inserting a CD into PC. With no wet processing or darkroom required, there is no need for cleaning products, time-consuming adjustments or chemical disposal that make this film usage more cost-effective. DRYSTAR DT5.000I B packaging is fully recyclable and combined with the absence of processing chemicals provides more environmentally friendly solution.
Clear and sharp images
DRYSTAR DT5.00I is built on a 168 μm-thick PET base, coated with silver salts and covered with a protective top layer for resistance to scratches and moisture. The PET base has rounded corners to allow the medium to be handled in the same way as regular X-ray film.
- For medical printing of greyscale images on 168μm PET
- Choice of blue base
- Maximum optical density: ≥ 3.1
- Fully recyclable packaging
- Daylight film loading (light-insensitive film)
Compatible printing devices
- DRYSTAR 5500
- DRYSTAR 5503
- DRYSTAR 5300
- DRYSTAR 5302
- DRYSTAR AXYS
- DRYSTAR 5500: 20 x 25 cm (8 x 10 inch), 25 x 30 cm (10 x 12 inch), 28 x 35 cm (11 x 14 inch), 35 x 35 cm (14 x 14 inch), 35 x 43 cm (14 x 17 inch)
- DRYSTAR 5503: 20 x 25 cm (8 x 10 inch), 25 x 30 cm (10 x 12 inch), 28 x 35 cm (11 x 14 inch), 35 x 35 cm (14 x 14 inch), 35 x 43 cm (14 x 17 inch)
- DRYSTAR 5300: 28 x 35 cm (11 x 14 inch), 35 x 43 cm (14 x 17 inch)
- DRYSTAR 5302: 20 x 25 cm (8 x 10 inch), 35 x 43 cm (14 x 17 inch)
- DRYSTAR AXYS: 20 x 25 cm (8 x 10 inch), 25 x 30 cm (10 x 12 inch), 28 x 35 cm (11 x 14 inch), 35 x 35 cm (14 x 14 inch), 35 x 43 cm (14 x 17 inch)
- 100 sheets per box
- Shelf life: 24 months after manufacturing date
- Storage before use:
- Temperature between 4 to 25 °C
- The recommended humidity control for DRYSTAR films is between 30 and 60%
- Storage after printing:
- Archiving facility complies with ANSI IT 9.11 and IT 9.19, for extended storage term
- Storage minimum is 20 years
- Recommendations to avoid image loss or increased density or discoloration:
- Avoid storage for a long period of time at > 35 °C
- Avoid dry media on view boxes for a long period of time
- Avoid exposure to excessive high temperatures and intense light.
- Store the images in the original packaging or other appropriate protective film envelopes at max of 25°C.